Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO)
TAIPEI, May 26 Taiwan's Cathay Financial Holdings said its two subsidiaries have completed an agreement to acquire the Malaysia unit of The Bank of Nova Scotia for $255 million.
TORONTO Bank of Nova Scotia and Bank of Montreal, two of Canada's biggest banks, on Tuesday defended their sales practices after media reports that staffers were pressured to meet targets.
* Scotiabank had 8 complaints about sales practices in 2016 - CEO
March 28 The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Scotiabank and Cardtronics renew 7-eleven canada ABM agreement
BRIEF-Scotiabank announces specific share repurchase program as part of its Normal Course Issuer Bid
* Scotiabank announces specific share repurchase program as part of its normal course issuer bid
BRIEF-Scotiabank intends to exercise right to redeem all outstanding non-cumulative preferred shares series 17 of Scotiabank on April 26, 2017
* Scotiabank - intends to exercise right to redeem all outstanding non-cumulative preferred shares series 17 of Scotiabank on April 26, 2017
* Scotiabank announces Stephen Hart's retirement and appoints Daniel Moore as chief risk officer Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Bank of Nova Scotia entered private agreement to purchase for cancellation 1 million of bank’s common shares held by such seller
* Bank of Nova Scotia says on March 2, entered private agreement to purchase for cancellation 1 million of bank’s common shares held by such seller
TORONTO, Feb 28 Bank of Montreal, Canada's fourth biggest lender, reported first-quarter results on Tuesday that smashed market expectations, but rival Bank of Nova Scotia disappointed analysts with numbers that were broadly in line with estimates.