Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO)
* CEO says bank to be a 'digital leader' in financial services
TORONTO, Feb 2 Bank of Nova Scotia, Canada's third-biggest lender, said on Thursday that the introduction of new digital technologies would enable the bank to lower its operating costs and increase profits.
* Efforts to further digitize bank are expected to drive an additional 100 basis point improvement beyond 2019
TORONTO, Jan 26 Bank of Nova Scotia on Thursday opened a new facility to develop technology such as blockchain and artificial intelligence, looking to position itself ahead of rivals in the hotly competitive fintech sector.
* Files for mixed shelf of up to $20 billion - SEC filing Source text (http://bit.ly/2jovwXG) Further company coverage:
* Scotiabank ceo says has closed about 80 branches in past two years
* Scotiabank announces plan to buy back shares through private agreement
Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc said it would acquire financial network HollisWealth from ScotiaBank .
* Bank benefits from strong international, domestic growth (Adds CFO comments on Mexico, Trump, acquisitions)
* Scotiabank ceo says strong capital position can enable bank to growth through acquisitions