Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS_pn.TO)
27 Sep 2016
* Scotiabank announces increase to NVCC preferred shares offering
* Agreed to sell 12 million of Preferred shares series 38 to a syndicate of underwriters led by Scotia capital on a bought deal basis
TORONTO Bank of Nova Scotia , Canada's third-biggest lender, has pulled back on mortgage lending in its domestic market, potentially insulating itself if house prices fall in Vancouver and Toronto.
* Scotiabank ceo says has chosen to cede some market share in mortgage market
* Q3 earnings per share view c$1.48 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
BRIEF-Liberty Global- Ziggo secures finance and Bank Of Nova Scotia as facility agent enters into Eur 2,589.2 mln additional facility accession deed
* On Aug 16 Ziggo secured finance and Bank Of Nova Scotia as facility agent entered into eur 2,589.2 million dditional facility accession deed
MUMBAI, Aug 10 Gold consumption in China and India, the world's top two buyers, is set to drop 15 to 20 percent in 2016 after lower investment demand and jewellery sales, an official at a leading importing bank said.
TAIPEI/TORONTO Bank of Nova Scotia, Canada's third-largest bank, has applied to Taiwan's financial regulator to exit the local market, the regulator and bank said on Monday, part of a revamp of its Asia strategy.
* Scotiabank shares up 0.7 percent (Adds Scotiabank comment)
TAIPEI, Aug 8 Bank of Nova Scotia, Canada's third-largest bank, has applied to Taiwan's financial regulator to exit the local market as part of a strategy shift in the Asia Pacific region, four sources with direct knowledge of the matter said on Monday.