Popular Inc (BPOP.OQ)
26 May 2017
MADRID Spain's biggest bank Santander or state-owned lender Bankia are most likely to step in to save troubled Banco Popular , sources familiar with the talks told Reuters, although a deal is still far from guaranteed.
MADRID, May 19 Spain's biggest bank Santander or state-owned lender Bankia are most likely to step in to save troubled Banco Popular, sources familiar with the talks told Reuters, although a deal is still far from guaranteed.
MADRID Several Spanish banks, including state-owned Bankia , have shown interest in a potential merger with Banco Popular , as its new management considers options for how to cope with billions of euros in toxic assets.
* BBVA, Santander, Sabadell, Caixa looking at Popular - sources (Adds comments from Spain's Economy Minister, details)
LONDON, April 28 (IFR) - Banco Popular's Additional Tier 1 bonds plunged ahead of next Friday's first quarter earnings as concerns around the bank's liquidity position compounded worries over the state of its capital position.
* Popular Inc qtrly net interest income $362.1 million versus $352.4 million
BRIEF-Popular announces appointment of Richard Carrión as executive chairman and Ignacio Alvarez as CEO
* Popular announces appointment of Richard Carrión as executive Chairman and Ignacio Alvarez as Chief Executive Officer
* Says net interest income for quarter ended december 31, 2016 was $355.4 million, compared to $353.7 million for previous quarter
* Approved increase in company's quarterly common stock dividend from $0.15 per share to $0.25 per share
|Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria Clmb SA (BGA.CN)||--||--|
|Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria Clmb SA (BGA_p.CN)||--||--|
|SCOTIABANK CHILE (SUDa.SN)||--||--|
|Banco Santander, S.A. (SAN.MC)||€5.87||-0.02|
|OFG Bancorp (OFG.N)||$9.65||-0.05|
|OFG Bancorp (OFG_pa.N)||$24.00||+0.14|
|OFG Bancorp (OFG_pb.N)||$23.72||--|
|Firstbank Corporation (FBMI.O)||--||--|