Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.BO)
23 Feb 2017
* Moody's: Bharti's acquisition of Telenor India is credit positive
Feb 23 The broader NSE index ended higher on Thursday, having earlier hit a near two-year high, with IT stocks leading the gains on the day of derivatives expiry.
* Fitch: Jio prompts more consolidation with Bharti-Telenor deal
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SINGAPORE, February 23 (Fitch) The agreement by Bharti Airtel Limited (BBB-/Stable) to buy Telenor's Indian telecom operations is the latest sign that the entry of aggressive new operator Reliance Jio is spurring incumbents to consolidate to better meet the intense competition and weaker telcos to exit altogether, Fitch Ratings says. Bharti's credit profile will remain unaffected by the planned acquisition as the benefits from addi
* Deal is non-cash; Bharti to take on Telenor's payment commitments
* Bharti Airtel will not make any cash payment for Telenor's India unit but takes on future pay commitments for spectrum and mobile phone towers, a Telenor spokesman said
MUMBAI Bharti Airtel , India's largest telecoms network operator, is buying Norwegian Telenor's India unit, in yet another consolidation move in the South Asian nation's telecoms sector driven by upstart rival Jio's disruptive pricing.
Feb 23 Bharti Airtel, India's largest telecoms network operator, said it would buy Telenor (India) Communications Pvt Ltd, in a deal that will bolster Airtel's footprint with additional spectrum in the 1800 MHz band.
* Says proposed acquisition will include transfer of all of Telenor India's assets and customers
* Agreement secured with india's Bharti Airtel data centre division nxtra data