Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.BO)
MUMBAI India's Reliance Industries announced a three-month extension to an offer of free data and voice services by its telecoms unit Jio, signaling that a brutal price war in India's mobile sector that has already hurt its rivals is intensifying.
BRIEF-Bharti Airtel waives off transaction charges for USSD based mobile banking transactions till Dec. 31
* Bharti Airtel Ltd says co has waived off transaction charges for all ussd based mobile banking transactions over its network till december 31, 2016 Source text - ("To support customers during the ongoing demonetisation exercise, Bharti Airtel has waived off transaction charges for all USSD based mobile banking transactions over its network till December 31, 2016. We would encourage customers to leverage this benefit for their convenience." ) Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Bharti Airtel concludes acquisition of rights to use 20 MHZ of spectrum for Andhra Pradesh circle
* Acquisition of rights to use 20 MHZ of spectrum in 2300 band ( BWA) from Aircel, for Andhra Pradesh circle has concluded
* Bharti Airtel Ltd says Airtel and Axiata announce completion of merger in Bangladesh
* Says Vani takes over from Rohit Malhotra Source text: Bharti Airtel ("Airtel"), India's largest telecommunications services provider, today announced the appointment of Vani Venkatesh as CEO - Retail. In her new role, Vani will be responsible for driving Airtel's retail strategy to deliver a seamless and world-class customer experience across retail touch points.
Nov 3 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Thursday:
* Capacity is sufficient to serve over 75 million customers, based on forecast provided by Jio to Airtel
DUBAI, Nov 3 Zain, Kuwait's No.1 telecom operator by subscribers, on Thursday said it will pay $129 million to Bharti Airtel over a settlement related to the sale of Zain's Africa operations to the Indian firm in 2010.
* Exec sees some continued softening of data growth due to new competitor Further company coverage: (Reporting By Sankalp Phartiyal)
* Consensus forecast for Sept quarter consol net profit was 13.69 billion rupees