Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.BO)
* Says appointment of Rashed Fahad Al-Noaimi as an additional director
* India revenue falls 10 percent (Adds details, background, CEO comments)
* Says June quarter consolidated EBITDA margin at 35.6 pct, down 1.9 pct Y-o-Y
July 25 Bharti Airtel Ltd, India's top telecom operator, reported an almost 75 percent drop in quarterly profit as a price war sparked by an upstart carrier weighed on earnings.
* June quarter consol profit 3.67 billion rupees versus 14.62 billion rupees last year
MUMBAI India's disruptive new mobile entrant Reliance Jio, backed by the country's richest man Mukesh Ambani, unveiled a low-cost 4G-enabled phone on Friday to woo tens of millions of new customers, further destabilising established telecoms players.
July 21 Indian shares rose on Friday, with Reliance Industries Ltd climbing as much as 3.9 percent to a more than 9-1/2-year high after posting strong quarterly results and announcing a low-cost, 4G-enabled phone.
* Bharti Airtel -"by proposing transition to 'bill and keep' regime with zero MTC, Reliance Jio wants to simply transfer its cost to Airtel and other operators"
NEW DELHI, July 10 India's top phone carrier Bharti Airtel Ltd plans to invest 20 billion rupees ($310 million) over three years on a programme to improve customer experience, as it pushes back against new rival Reliance Jio that has disrupted world's second-biggest mobile phone market by customers.
NEW DELHI, July 10 Top Indian mobile phone carrier Bharti Airtel Ltd said on Monday it would invest 20 billion rupees ($310 million) over three years to improve its services.