Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.BO)
24 Mar 2017
March 23 Telecommunications company Bharti Airtel said it would buy internet services provider Tikona Digital Networks' 4G business in a deal worth 16 billion rupees ($244.20 million). The deal includes acquisition of Tikona's Broadband Wireless Access spectrum and 350 sites in five telecom circles, Airtel said in an exchange filing. (http://bit.ly/2o81hpk)
* Says post this acquisition, Airtel to have spectrum in 2300 mhz band across all circles
March 23 Cellular Operators Association of India:
BRIEF-Ookla says co stands behind methodology used to designate Airtel as 'India’s fastest mobile network'
* Ookla says "airtel’s margin of victory increased when the complete analysis was performed"
March 21 Telecom tower infrastructure company Bharti Infratel said Nettle Infrastructure Investments would buy about 21.63 percent of its stake from company's promoter Bharti Airtel Ltd.
BRIEF-Bharti Infratel says Nettle Infra Investments to buy about 21.63 pct stake in co from Bharti Airtel
* Says Nettle Infra Investments Ltd to acquire about 21.63 percent of co's shares from Bharti Airtel Source text: (http://bit.ly/2ngy6Da) Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Bharti Airtel gets members' nod for transfer of investment in Bharti Airtel International (Mauritius) to Netwrok I2I
* Gets members' nod for transfer of co's investment in unit Bharti Airtel International (Mauritius) to Netwrok I2I Ltd
* Airtel lanka deploys Gemalto's device management platform to strengthen its promise of 40 pct faster internet Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
* Says Millicom and Airtel sign agreement to combine operations in Ghana
* Says Bharti Airtel and Millicom sign agreement to combine operations in Ghana