Peabody Energy Corp (BTU.N)
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$4,189.17|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||271.32|
- Coal miner Peabody Energy Corp reported a smaller-than-expected quarterly loss, helped by stronger price realizations in the United States and higher sales volumes in Australia.
* Shares rise as much as 3.7 pct (Adds forecast, background, analyst comment, shares)
July 22 - Coal miner Peabody Energy Corp reported a 2 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped by an increase in shipments and prices at its mining operations in western U.S. states such as Wyoming, Colorado and Montana.
(The author is a Reuters columnist and the opinions expressed are his own. For more from John Wasik see http://link.reuters.com/syk97s)
(Repeats story published late Wednesday; no changes to text)
* Tinkler buys old thermal coal mine from Peabody in cheap deal
* Alpha Natural sees metallurgical coal price recovery in late 2014
* Expects 2nd-quarter adj loss $0.14-$0.39/share vs est. $0.20
- Peabody Energy Corp , the largest private-sector coal miner, said its second-quarter adjusted loss could more than double from the first quarter due to weak prices for steelmaking coal.
April 24 - Peabody Energy Corp, the world's largest private-sector coal miner, said first-quarter loss more than doubled due to weak prices for steelmaking coal.
|BHP Billiton Limited (BHP.AX)||$38.68||-0.32|
|Rio Tinto plc (RIO.L)||3,392.00p||-42.00|
|Anglo American plc (AAL.L)||1,599.00p||-30.00|
|Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. (ANR.N)||$3.39||-0.06|
|CONSOL Energy Inc. (CNX.N)||$38.82||-1.05|
|Arch Coal Inc (ACI.N)||$2.98||+0.04|
|Arch Coal Inc (ACIZP.PK)||--||--|
|Cloud Peak Energy Inc. (CLD.N)||$15.56||+0.04|
|China Coal Corp (CKOh.V)||--||--|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Trading Report for (BTU). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
Provider: New Constructs, LLC
"The Economy Matters" Report for BTU: the economy's impact on BTU's price and risk, featuring the powerful Economic Climate Rating
Provider: MacroRisk Analytics/EconomicInvestor
Provider: ValuEngine, Inc.
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.