Caterpillar Inc (CAT)
31 Jul 2015
* Nikkei has fallen 0.2 percent for the week * China PMI may determine Nikkei's direction later in the day - traders * Shin-Etsu Chemical soars on strong results, dividend hike By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, July 24 - Japan's Nikkei share average fell on Friday morning after dismal corporate earnings on Wall Street, while some investors hugged the sidelines ahead of key Chinese economic data due out later in the day. The Nikkei share average rose 0.4 percent to 20,609.62
- Caterpillar Inc reported a lower quarterly net profit and sales on Thursday due to weakness in mining, slower construction in Brazil and China, and declining orders for oil-related applications, sending its shares lower in premarket trading.
CHICAGO - Caterpillar Inc rode the boom markets in China, Brazil and piggybacked the oil industry to rich profits, but the world's biggest construction and mining equipment company effectively declared the good times over on Thursday, warning of an extended period of retrenchment.
CHICAGO, July 23 - Caterpillar Inc rode the boom markets in China, Brazil and piggybacked the oil industry to rich profits, but the world's biggest construction and mining equipment company effectively declared the good times over on Thursday, warning of an extended period of retrenchment.
* Indexes down: Dow 0.7 pct, S&P 0.6 pct, Nasdaq 0.5 pct (Updates close with volume, Visa up after the bell)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.7 pct, S&P 0.6 pct, Nasdaq 0.5 pct (Updates to close)
NEW YORK, July 23 - Wall Street fell for the third straight day on Thursday after disappointing results and forecasts from companies including 3M and Caterpillar added to concerns about the U.S. profit outlook.
* Indexes down: Dow 0.7 pct, S&P 0.6 pct, Nasdaq 0.4 pct (Updates to late afternoon)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.52 pct, S&P 0.45 pct, Nasdaq 0.25 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
* Dow falls 0.09 pct, S&P up 0.05 pct, Nasdaq up 0.42 pct (Adds details, adds comment, updates prices)
|Komatsu Ltd (6301.T)||¥2,266||-29.50|
|Volvo AB (VOLVb.ST)||101.90kr||-0.20|
|Volvo AB (VOLVa.ST)||101.80kr||-0.10|
|Deere & Company (DE.N)||$94.57||--|
|Doosan Infracore Co Ltd (042670.KS)||₩7,400.00||-210.00|
|Cummins Inc. (CMI.N)||$129.53||--|
|General Electric Company (GE.N)||$26.10||--|
|Siemens AG (SIEGn.DE)||€98.70||+1.26|
|Wartsila Oyj Abp (WRT1V.HE)||€41.94||+0.12|
|Wartsila Oyj Abp (WRTAV.HE)||--||--|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider : Wright Reports
Trading Report for (CAT). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider : Stock Traders Daily
Provider : New Constructs, LLC
Provider : S&P Capital IQ – STARS Reports
Provider : Pechala's Reports
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.