Caterpillar Inc (CAT)
30 Jan 2015
* Sony rises after report it will cut about 1,000 jobs * Komatsu, Hitachi Construction off on Caterpillar earnings By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, Jan 28 - Japan's Nikkei share average retreated from a one-month high on Wednesday morning as disappointing U.S. earnings and weak U.S. economic data triggered profit-taking, while Sony Corp outperformed after sources said it will cut about 1,000 jobs. The Nikkei was flat at 17,762.13 in mid-morning trade after opening 0.9 percent l
* Indexes down: Dow 1.7 pct, S&P 1.3 pct, Nasdaq 1.9 pct (Updates with results from Apple, AT&T and Yahoo)
* Indexes down: Dow 1.7 pct, S&P 1.3 pct, Nasdaq 1.9 pct (Updates to close)
* Indexes down: Dow 1.4 pct, S&P 1 pct, Nasdaq 1.4 pct (Updates to afternoon trading)
CHICAGO - Caterpillar Inc on Tuesday cut its 2015 profit outlook and warned the plunge in oil prices would hurt its energy equipment business, sending shares tumbling as much as 8 percent.
CHICAGO, Jan 27 - Caterpillar Inc on Tuesday cut its 2015 profit outlook and warned the plunge in oil prices would hurt its energy equipment business, sending shares tumbling as much as 8 percent.
* Indexes down: Dow 1.7 pct, S&P 1.2 pct, Nasdaq 1.5 pct (Updates to afternoon)
* Indexes down: Dow 1.7 pct, S&P 1.3 pct, Nasdaq 1.7 pct (Updates to morning trading)
* Futures down: Dow 195 pts, S&P 15 pts, Nasdaq 37 pts (Updates prices, adds data, comment)
* Futures down: Dow 195 pts, S&P 15 pts, Nasdaq 37 pts (Updates prices, adds Caterpillar)
|Komatsu Ltd (6301.T)||¥2,332||-34.00|
|Volvo AB (VOLVb.ST)||96.90kr||+0.10|
|Volvo AB (VOLVa.ST)||97.45kr||+0.10|
|Deere & Company (DE.N)||$85.19||-0.72|
|Doosan Infracore Co Ltd (042670.KS)||₩10,200.00||-50.00|
|Cummins Inc. (CMI.N)||$139.46||-3.24|
|General Electric Company (GE.N)||$23.89||-0.19|
|Siemens AG (SIEGn.DE)||€93.00||-0.60|
|Wartsila Oyj Abp (WRT1V.HE)||€41.13||+1.40|
|Wartsila Oyj Abp (WRTAV.HE)||--||--|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Validea Guru Analysis Report for CAT. Analysis using Validea's interpretation of the published quantitative strategies of well-known Wall Street experts including Peter Lynch, Warren Buffett, Ben Graham and Ken Fisher, among others.
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Trading Report for (CAT). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
Provider: New Constructs, LLC
Provider: Sadif Analytics Prime
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.