Cempra Inc (CEMP.O)
* Cempra reports first quarter 2017 financial results and provides corporate update
* Cempra retains Morgan Stanley to lead review of strategic business options
* Cempra provides corporate update and reports fourth quarter and full year 2016 financial results
Cempra Inc said on Friday that its experimental oral drug to treat acute bacterial skin infections cleared a late-stage study, bringing the antibiotic developer one step closer to getting its first drug to market.
* Cempra shares rise 38 pct, set for best day ever (Adds details, analyst comment)
* Cempra’s fusidic acid achieves primary endpoint in phase 3 study of Absssi
Feb 24 Cempra Inc said on Friday that its experimental drug to treat acute bacterial skin infections met the main goal of a late-stage study, sending the company's shares surging 41 percent in premarket trading.
Cempra Inc said on Thursday the U.S. Food and Drug Administration had rejected its antibiotic for community-acquired bacterial pneumonia (CABP), citing inadequate data on the drug's impact on the liver and manufacturing issues.
|Astellas Pharma Inc (4503.T)||¥1,416||-5.50|
|Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N)||$127.47||+0.47|
|Pfizer Inc. (PFE.N)||$32.22||-0.25|
|Roche Holding Ltd. (ROG.S)||CHF268.00||+1.00|
|Roche Holding Ltd. (RO.S)||CHF268.00||+1.25|
|Abbott Laboratories (ABT.N)||$43.58||+0.42|
|Bayer AG (BAYGn.DE)||€116.80||-0.15|
|Bayer AG (BAYE.F)||--||--|
|Sanofi SA (SASY.PA)||€87.81||-0.57|
|AstraZeneca plc (AZN.L)||5,127.00||+8.00|