Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK)
18 Aug 2017
U.S. natural gas producer Chesapeake Energy Corp beat quarterly profit estimates, but said it planned to cut its rig count and bring fewer wells into production this year.
* Shares fall as much as 2.5 pct (Adds drilling projections, analyst comment, CEO quote)
* Chesapeake Energy's CEO says "we expect to exceed our goal of 100,000 barrels of oil per day prior to year-end" - conf call
* Chesapeake energy corporation reports 2017 second quarter financial and operational results
Aug 3 U.S. oil and gas producer Chesapeake Energy Corp posted a quarterly profit, compared with a year-ago loss, when it took a charge of $1.07 billion.
* Chesapeake energy says Director Brad Martin reports open market purchase of 20,400 shares of co's common stock at $4.55/share on june 23 - SEC filing Source text for Eikon: (http://bit.ly/2shU2g8) Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Chesapeake Energy Corp says about 298 BCF of natural gas hedged in 2018 with swaps at an average price of $3.16 - presentation
* Chesapeake Energy Corp says about 298 BCF of natural gas hedged in 2018 with swaps at an average price of $3.16 - presentation
BRIEF-Chesapeake Energy calls for redemption of its outstanding 2.5% contingent convertible senior notes
* Chesapeake Energy Corporation announces redemption of 2.500% contingent convertible senior notes due 2037
* Chesapeake Energy Corporation announces redemption of 2.75% contingent convertible senior notes due 2035
* Chesapeake Energy Corporation announces final results of cash tender offers for senior notes