Chemtura Corp (CHMT.N)
2 Dec 2016
FRANKFURT Lanxess said that any moves by future U.S. President Donald Trump to erect trade barriers, though harmful overall, would pose a case for local production in North America for the German maker of synthetic rubber and specialty chemicals.
FRANKFURT, Nov 10 Lanxess said that any moves by future U.S. President Donald Trump to erect trade barriers, though harmful overall, would pose a case for local production in North America for the German maker of synthetic rubber and specialty chemicals.
* "Looking forward to rest of 2016, Q4 sales and operating income in our industrial segments will likely decline sequentially"
FRANKFURT Lanxess AG is to buy U.S. speciality chemical company Chemtura for 2.4 billion euros ($2.69 billion) including debt in the German company's largest ever takeover, moving it further away from its main synthetic rubber business.
* Shares rise 8 pct, top gainers on STOXX 600 index (Adds shares, background on Lanxess development, analyst comment)
* Offering all cash consideration of $33.50 per share for chemtura
Sept 25 Germany's Lanxess AG said on Sunday it would buy U.S.-based specialty chemical company Chemtura Corp for $33.50 per share in cash.
* Q2 earnings per share view $0.46, revenue view $437.3 million -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Q2 non-GAAP earnings per share $0.40 from continuing operations
|Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corp. (4188.T)||¥731||+2.00|
|Formosa Plastics Corporation (1301.TW)||NT$90.30||-1.10|
|BASF SE (BASFn.DE)||€82.28||+1.27|
|Dow Chemical Co (DOW.N)||$55.42||--|
|Bayer AG (BAYGn.DE)||€88.04||+0.89|
|Bayer AG (BAYE.F)||--||--|
|Eastman Chemical Company (EMN.N)||$74.63||--|
|Albemarle Corporation (ALB.N)||$84.86||--|
|NewMarket Corporation (NEU.N)||$416.12||--|
|OMNOVA Solutions Inc. (OMN.N)||$9.50||--|