CIMB Group Holdings Bhd (CIMB.KL)
BRIEF-CIMB group updates proposal to enter into strategic partnership with China Galaxy International Financial
* As part of proposed partnership which is envisaged to involve multiple countries, CIMB has been undertaking preliminary assessment on its options
* "Will continue to instill cost discipline across all businesses to achieve our T18 target CIR of 50% by end-2018"
* Cost-to-income ratio drops to 53.9 pct at end of Dec (Recasts with outlook, adds loan growth, share price)
HONG KONG, Feb 28 CIMB Group Holdings Bhd , the second-largest lender by assets in Malaysia, on Tuesday reported a 3.5 percent increase in fourth-quarter net profit, helped by a surge in loan demand in its home market as well as in Indonesia and Thailand.
KUALA LUMPUR Malaysia's Federal Land Development Authority (Felda) came under mounting criticism on Tuesday for its plans to purchase a stake in Indonesian palm oil firm PT Eagle High Plantations Tbk in what critics have called an overpriced deal.
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 16 Malaysian bank CIMB Group Holdings Bhd on Wednesday posted a 26.9 percent rise in profit for the third quarter as cost-cutting bore fruit, and flagged stronger loans growth in the months ahead.
* Qtrly net profit attributable 1.02 billion rgt versus 803.9 million rgt; qtrly revenue 4.12 billion rgt versus 3.84 billion rgt Source text (http://bit.ly/2fXFSMU) Further company coverage:
* Unit entered into term sheet with CIMB Group in respect of possible partnership Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* CIMB Group-Unit signed heads of terms with China Galaxy International Financial Holdings Limited, unit of China Galaxy Securities Co