CIMB Group Holdings Bhd (CIMB.KL)
23 Jun 2017
KUALA LUMPUR, June 6 Malaysia's second-biggest lender, CIMB Group Holdings Bhd, on Tuesday said it will sell a 50 percent stake in its international brokerage business to China Galaxy Securities for S$167 million ($120.99 million).
* Unit signed share purchase agreement with China Galaxy International Financial Holdings unit of China Galaxy Securities Co
* Net profit 1.18 bln rgt vs 803.5 mln estimate of 2 analysts
KUALA LUMPUR, May 24 CIMB Group Holdings , Malaysia's second largest lender by assets, posted a 45 percent jump in first-quarter profit to a record, driven by loans growth, improved net interest margin and higher non-interest income.
KUALA LUMPUR, April 28 CIMB Group Holdings Bhd , Malaysia's second largest bank by assets, said on Friday it expects higher profits this year due to a stronger economy, fewer bad loans and record revenue.
By Rushil Dutta April 18 Most Southeast Asian stock markets ended higher on Tuesday, recovering from recent losses, as investors moved past tensions over North Korea and looked for local triggers. Indonesian shares rose 0.5 percent as financials such as Bank Rakyat Indonesia and Bank Mandiri posted gains of 3.6 percent and 1.1 percent, respectively. Geopolitical concerns had overshadowed higher-than-expected March exports in the previous session, causing the Jakarta
BRIEF-CIMB group updates proposal to enter into strategic partnership with China Galaxy International Financial
* As part of proposed partnership which is envisaged to involve multiple countries, CIMB has been undertaking preliminary assessment on its options
* "Will continue to instill cost discipline across all businesses to achieve our T18 target CIR of 50% by end-2018"
* Cost-to-income ratio drops to 53.9 pct at end of Dec (Recasts with outlook, adds loan growth, share price)
HONG KONG, Feb 28 CIMB Group Holdings Bhd , the second-largest lender by assets in Malaysia, on Tuesday reported a 3.5 percent increase in fourth-quarter net profit, helped by a surge in loan demand in its home market as well as in Indonesia and Thailand.