Cochlear Ltd (COH.AX)
24 Mar 2017
* Strong showing for U.S. sales help H1 profit surge 19 pct (Recasts, adds CEO and analyst comments)
SYDNEY, Feb 14 Australia's Cochlear Ltd , the world No.1 hearing implants maker, on Tuesday posted a half-year profit rise of 19 percent, but reported slowing sales growth in Asia.
* Cochlear ltd says half-year profit attributable to members A$111.367 million versus A$94.0 million last year
* Appoints Brent Cubis as chief financial officer Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
By Brendan Pierson A federal appeals court has largely upheld a verdict that cochlear implant maker Cochlear Ltd infringed an Alfred E. Mann Foundation patent and also reopened the question of whether Cochlear acted willfully.
* As patents have expired, trial judgment and court of appeals' decision will not disrupt cochlear's business or customers in united states
* For FY17, expect net profit to be within a range of $210-225 million Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Chief financial officer Neville Mitchell, will retire by end of current financial year Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: