Coty Inc (COTY.N)
Beauty products maker Coty Inc reported higher-than-expected quarterly profit and sales, helped by strong demand for labels such as Calvin Klein as well as for recently acquired brands ghd and Younique.
* Shares set for best one-day pct gain in 15 months (Adds details, CEO comment; updates shares)
May 10 Beauty products maker Coty Inc reported a bigger quarterly loss, hurt by restructuring charges related to the integration of the beauty business it acquired from Procter & Gamble Co.
* Q3 earnings per share view $0.13, revenue view $1.94 billion -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Sets quarterly cash dividend of $0.125per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
May 5 Diary of U.S. (.SPX) corporate earnings for the week ahead. ** Please Note - All times given are in U.S. EST unless otherwise stated ** U.S. EARNINGS Start Date Start Time RIC Company Event Name 08-May-2017 BMO AES.N AES Corp Q1 2017 AES Corp Earnings Release 08-May-2017 BMO TSN.N Tyson Foods Inc Q2 2017 Tyson Foods Inc Earnings Release 08-
Procter & Gamble Co , maker of Tide detergent and Gillette razors, reported an 8.3 percent fall in third-quarter profit hurt by a strong dollar and slowing economic growth that dampened consumer spending in several countries.
* Shares fall as much as 2 pct (Adds CFO comment from conference call, updates shares)
LONDON British luxury brand Burberry has agreed to license its fragrances and cosmetics business to Coty for $162 million, plus a $63 million payment for inventory, in a deal that will help it develop new products and give it the benefit of the U.S. group's extensive distribution network.
* Shares up 1 pct (Adds CFO comments, analyst reaction, shares)