Comptel Oyj (CTL1V.HE)
* Nokia says has received all necessary authority approvals for its tender offer for Comptel
* says tender offer for all issued and outstanding shares and option rights in Comptel commences on February 27
* the board Of directors of Comptel posts a statement regarding the voluntary public tender offer by Nokia
* Q4 net sales 29.9 million euros ($31.90 million) versus 32.6 million euros year ago
* Has won new customer for digital sales channel FWD in Africa
HELSINKI Finnish telecoms equipment maker Nokia said on Thursday it is seeking to buy local company Comptel for 347 million euros ($370 million), as mobile operators increasingly rely on software to make their networks more intelligent.
* Network maker says aims to build "standalone software business"
* Nokia announces its intention to acquire Comptel to advance its software strategy; launches a recommended cash tender offer for all the shares and option rights in Comptel
* Expects 2017 revenue to grow with double digit percentage and comparable EBIT to be between 10-15 percent
HELSINKI, Feb 9 Network equipment maker Nokia said on Thursday it has agreed to buy another Finnish company, Comptel, for about 347 million euros ($370 million) to expand its software business.