Canexus Corp (CUS.TO)
20 Jan 2017
Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund said it would buy chemicals and handling company Canexus Corp for C$1.65 in cash per share, as it looks to expand its existing platform and markets.
TORONTO Canadian chemical company Canexus Corp , which rejected a hostile bid from Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund , confirmed on Tuesday that it is in talks with the company about a higher offer.
* Chemtrade provides update regarding regulatory approvals related to its offer for Canexus Corporation
* Canexus board urged to shorten minimum offer period and let shareholders decide in response by Chemtrade
* Chemtrade announces expiration of Hart-Scott-Rodino waiting period for its offer for canexus corporation Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Canexus board unanimously recommends rejection of chemtrade offer
* Canexus board unanimously recommends rejection of Chemtrade offer
* Canexus Corp - Canexus appoints David Collyer as board chair, special committee to evaluate and respond to Chemtrade's hostile takeover bid
* Canexus responds to announcement of unsolicited Chemtrade offer
* Chemtrade to present offer directly to shareholders after Canexus board of directors "repeatedly refuses to engage"