Cablevision Systems Corp (CVC.N)
18 Dec 2013
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$4,410.08|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||267.60|
- Dish Network Corp is closer to reaching a large-scale programming deal with Disney that would help the satellite TV provider avoid a possible blackout of popular networks such as ABC and ESPN, Chairman Charlie Ergen said on Tuesday.
(Adds comments from conference call, new analyst comments)
(Corrects fourth bullet point to compare with year-earlier figure instead of estimate, which is not comparable because of tax benefit. Removes reference to earnings estimate in penultimate paragraph. The error did not appear in later versions of the story.)
- Cablevision Systems Corp turned in an earnings report showing fewer video subscribers, decreased cash flow and a surprise drop in Internet subscribers - all of which pushed the cable operator's shares down as much as 6 percent on Friday.
* Shares fall as much as 6 pct; down 1.3 pct in afternoon
BRIEF-Cablevision cfo says adjusted operating cash flow in the fourth quarter will be roughly flat to slightly above a year ago
* Cfo says adjusted operating cash flow in the fourth quarter will be roughly flat to slightly above the comparable 2012 aocf results Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Nov 8 - Cablevision Systems Corp lost more video subscribers than expected in the third quarter, saw its cash flow fall and also showed a surprise loss of broadband subscribers,
- AMC Networks Inc, operator of AMC and other cable channels, reported a lower-than-expected quarterly profit as it spent more on programming ahead of the final seasons of its long-running hits "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad".
- Cablevision Systems Corp lost a more-than-expected 20,000 cable television customers, but its net income rose in the second quarter, as it made more money off its subscribers.
Aug 2 - Cablevision Systems Corp lost a more-than-expected 20,000 cable television customers, but its net income rose in the second quarter, as it made more money off its subscribers.
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Provider: New Constructs, LLC
Provider: S&P Capital IQ – STARS Reports
Provider: Pechala's Reports
Cablevision Systems Corp: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile