DBS Group Holdings Ltd (DBSM.SI)
24 Feb 2017
DUBAI The private banking arm of Singapore’s second-biggest lender OCBC is targeting annual growth of assets of more than 20 percent from its new office in Dubai, which it aims to use to attract wealthy clients from the Middle East and Africa, its chief executive told Reuters on Sunday.
* Singapore oilfield services firms struggling with debt payments
* Ceo says oil and gas sector will continue to be stretched in 2017
SINGAPORE Singapore's DBS Group Holdings reported a 9 percent decline in quarterly profit and like rival OCBC booked higher provisions for bad loans, hobbled by debt payment woes in the city-state's oil services sector.
SINGAPORE, Feb 16 DBS Group Holdings, Singapore's biggest lender, reported a 9 percent decline in quarterly profit that came in below market expectations, with bad debt charges climbing on woes in the offshore oil services sector.
* Sees 2017 NIM: expect to get back to 2016 average Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* qtrly net profit s$913 million versus s$1,002 million a year ago
* Unit Dbs Bank agreed to sell its entire equity interest in Dbs China Square to an indirect unit of Manulife Financial Corporation for about s$358 million
SINGAPORE, Feb 10 Singapore's DBS Group Holdings and smaller rival United Overseas Bank are set to report their lowest quarterly profit in at least two years, hurt by bad loans provisions for a battered oil services sector.
* Says enters into a strategic agreement that enables clients of Bank Of Singapore to book their assets in Switzerland Further company coverage: (Reporting By Zurich newsroom)