E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD)
25 Jul 2017
DuPont's quarterly profit and revenue beat estimates on Tuesday, driven by strength in its agriculture business, its biggest, sending its shares to a record high.
* Shares hit record high of $86.36 (Adds conference call details, shares)
* Dupont says in the second quarter, crop protection sales were up 10 percent and seed sales up 6 percent - conf call Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Dupont says in agriculture segment, H2 North America farm-level income expected to be pressured
* Dupont - in agriculture segment, North America farm-level income is expected to continue to be pressured in H2 2017 - Presentation
* Q2 GAAP earnings per share $0.97 from continuing operations
July 25 Chemicals and seeds company DuPont , which is merging with Dow Chemical, reported a 15.5 percent fall in quarterly profit on higher costs.
BEIJING Global seeds giants have called for transparent, science-based approvals processes for new crop types after China approved two more genetically modified (GMO) crops for import, but left four others on the waiting list.
* DuPont 'disappointed' its corn trait not included (Recasts, adds statement from Monsanto)
* Sets quarterly dividend of $0.38per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Dow to make available 81 maize hybrids,7 maize inbred lines to 3rd parties for licensing hybrids, inbreds in South Africa
|Dow Chemical Co (DOW.N)||$66.85||+0.63|
|BASF SE (BASFn.DE)||€81.00||+0.08|
|3M Co (MMM.N)||$199.39||-10.61|
|Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (APD.N)||$145.04||+0.10|
|Baxter International Inc (BAX.N)||$62.09||-0.64|
|Caterpillar Inc. (CAT.N)||$114.54||+6.36|
|Emerson Electric Co. (EMR.N)||$60.43||+0.40|
|HP Inc (HPQ.N)||$19.41||+0.17|
|Honeywell International Inc. (HON.N)||$137.25||-0.46|
|Ingersoll-Rand PLC (IR.N)||$90.47||-0.58|