E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD.N)
4 Mar 2015
- DuPont on Tuesday rejected a push to let shareholders split their votes between company-backed directors and those nominated by activist investors in an escalating proxy battle with Nelson Peltz.
March 3 - DuPont on Tuesday rejected a push to let shareholders split their votes between company-backed directors and those nominated by activist investors in an escalating proxy battle with Nelson Peltz.
- DuPont hit back at activist investor Nelson Peltz's criticism of the company's performance, pointing out that its shareholder returns have been better than that of its rivals.
Feb 17 - DuPont hit back at activist investor Nelson Peltz's criticism of the company's performance, pointing out that its shareholder returns have been better than that of its rivals.
Feb 17 - DuPont said it had met with Nelson Peltz's Trian Fund Management "more than 20 times" to work toward a "constructive resolution" of a brewing proxy war between the hedge fund and the company, but had been rebuffed.
* Says continue to reduce costs and improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Activist investor Nelson Peltz's hedge fund said it was "open-minded" about keeping DuPont together, after agitating for months to break up the chemical conglomerate.
* Says election a referendum on company's performance (Adds comments from source close to DuPont)
Feb 11 - Activist investor Trian Fund Management LP filed a proxy statement, urging DuPont shareholders to vote for its nominees to the board, including Nelson Peltz.
CHICAGO (Reuters Breakingviews) - DuPont has driven a wedge between shareholders and Nelson Peltz. Adding two turnaround veterans to the $70 billion chemical giant's board may make stockholders think twice about voting in a rival slate from the billionaire activist's Trian Fund Management. DuPont says Peltz nixed an offer to add one of his picks because he wanted the spot. He may just have been outplayed.
|3M Co (MMM.N)||$167.16||-1.11|
|Abbott Laboratories (ABT.N)||$47.01||-0.08|
|Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (APD.N)||$154.74||-1.32|
|Baxter International Inc. (BAX.N)||$69.25||-0.17|
|Boeing Co (BA.N)||$154.35||-1.22|
|Caterpillar Inc. (CAT.N)||$81.73||-1.11|
|Emerson Electric Co. (EMR.N)||$57.78||-0.60|
|Hewlett-Packard Company (HPQ.N)||$34.19||-0.38|
|Honeywell International Inc. (HON.N)||$103.05||-0.99|
|Ingersoll-Rand PLC (IR.N)||$67.00||-0.45|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
Provider: New Constructs, LLC
"The Economy Matters" Report for DD.PA: the economy's impact on DD.PA's price and risk, featuring the powerful Economic Climate Rating and the new MacroRisk "Stoplight" and Risk Correspondence Score
Provider: MacroRisk Analytics/EconomicInvestor
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.