Dollar General Corp (DG)
6 Dec 2016
Discount retailer Dollar General Corp reported a surprise drop in quarterly comparable sales and tempered its full-year profit forecast, hit by lower grocery prices and reduced food stamp coverage in several U.S. states. | Video
U.S. discount retailer Dollar General Corp said it plans to hire 10,000 employees by mid-October, boosting its headcount by nearly 9 pct to support its expansion efforts as it looks to protect its turf amid fierce competition.
Sept 15 U.S. discount retailer Dollar General Corp said it plans to hire 10,000 employees by mid-October, boosting its headcount by nearly 9 pct to support its expansion efforts as it looks to protect its turf amid fierce competition.
* Dollar General plans to hire 10,000 new employees by October 15 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Dollar General Director Michael Calbert reports open market purchase of 13,000 shares of co's common stock
* Director michael calbert reports open market purchase of 13,000 shares of co's common stock at average price of $75.53per share on aug 30-filing Source text : http://bit.ly/2bWHsjF Further company coverage:
Discount retailer Dollar General Corp said it was cutting prices on its most popular items such as bread, eggs and milk, intensifying a price war with retail giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc to win back market share.
* Dollar Tree 2nd-qtr sales $5.00 bln vs est $5.09 bln (Adds details from Dollar General call, analyst comment, updates shares)
* Dollar General sees reduction of about $0.02 to $0.03 in diluted EPS during Q3 2016, primarily related to closed store lease obligations
* Dollar general reports second quarter 2016 financial results
Aug 25 Discount retailer Dollar General Corp reported lower-than-expected quarterly sales, hurt by lower food prices, growing competition and as its low-income customer base was hurt by several states reducing food stamp coverage.
|Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT.N)||$70.27||+0.33|
|CVS Health Corp (CVS.N)||$79.08||+1.09|
|Target Corporation (TGT.N)||$76.48||-0.50|
|Rite Aid Corporation (RAD.N)||$8.09||+0.03|
|Rite Aid Corporation (RADCP.PK)||--||--|
|Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (FDO.N)||--||--|
|Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR.OQ)||$87.69||-0.51|
|Fred's, Inc. (FRED.OQ)||$10.14||--|
|99 Cents Only Stores (NDN.N)||--||--|
|Kroger Co (KR.N)||$32.76||-0.17|