Dollar General Corp (DG.N)
22 May 2013
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$17,623.65|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||327.21|
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc has likely generated around $1.2 billion of revenue over six years from its dealings with discount retailer Dollar General Corp, a Reuters review shows. Just don't expect the investment bank to boast about it.
- Dollar General Corp said on Monday sales growth this year could surpass the strength it saw in 2012 as demand for food and other goods, including cigarettes, helps drive gains despite consumers' concerns about the economy.
* Sees same-store sales up 4-6 pct in '13, up 4.7 pct in '12
BRIEF-Dollar General CEO says in test stores, selling 33 percent more tobacco than it thought it would sell
CHICAGO, March 25 - Dollar General Corp : * CEO says in test stores, selling 33 percent more tobacco than it thought it
BRIEF-Dollar General CEO says Q4 sales were fairly consistent, with strongest performance in December
CHICAGO, March 25 - Dollar General Corp : * CEO says Q4 sales were fairly consistent, with strongest performance in
NEW YORK, March 25 - Dollar General Corp : * Up 4.2 percent to $52.15 in premarket after Q4 results, outlook
March 25 - Dollar General Corp posted a higher quarterly profit on Monday as increased sales of food and other basics helped drive growth despite consumers' concerns about the economy.
- Dollar General Corp said on Tuesday it remained cautious about the rest of the year, as heightened competition in pricing and ramped-up advertising could hurt sales and margins despite an encouraging start to the holiday season.
* 3rd-quarter adjusted profit 63 cents; Street view 60 cents
CHICAGO, Dec 11 - Dollar General Corp : * CFO says lowering prices in certain categories * CFO says expanding use of zone pricing, incremental ad activity * CEO says does not expect delay in new stores, lag in store sales weeks in
|Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (FDO.N)||$64.02||0.00|
|Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR.OQ)||$48.39||-0.99|
|Fred's, Inc. (FRED.OQ)||$15.16||-0.15|
|Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT.N)||$77.03||-0.36|
|Walgreen Company (WAG.N)||$50.14||+0.03|
|CVS Caremark Corporation (CVS.N)||$58.70||-0.81|
|Rite Aid Corporation (RAD.N)||$2.82||-0.07|
|Rite Aid Corporation (RADCP.PK)||--||--|
|Target Corporation (TGT.N)||$68.40||-2.86|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider: ValuEngine, Inc.
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Provider: Market Edge
Provider: S&P Capital IQ – STARS Reports
Provider: Pechala's Reports
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.