D.R. Horton Inc (DHI)
4 May 2015
- D.R. Horton Inc , the largest U.S. homebuilder, reported its slowest growth in average selling prices in over three years and the company forecast a drop in gross margins for the current quarter as it sells more lower-priced homes.
- D.R. Horton Inc's quarterly results gave a strong indication that first-time home buyers are finally returning to the market as home ownership in the United States becomes cheaper than renting.
April 22 - D.R. Horton Inc's quarterly results gave a strong indication that first-time home buyers are finally returning to the market as home ownership in the United States becomes cheaper than renting.
* Forecasts Q3 gross margins of 19.5-20 pct vs 20.7 pct year ago
April 22 - D.R. Horton Inc, the largest U.S. homebuilder, reported a 38 percent rise in quarterly revenue and a 30 percent jump in orders as the spring selling season got off to a strong start.
Dow component Boeing Co is expected to report a rise in first-quarter profit, helped by increased deliveries. Investors will want to know more about the company's cost-reduction efforts, given that unit costs of Dreamliner jets continue to exceed sale price. Boeing was able to show strong cash flow at the end of 2014 but it has warned that cash might be comparatively weaker in the early part of 2015. Analysts expect the company's stock to continue rising, but investors remain cautious.
* Indexes up: Dow 0.03 pct, S&P 500 0.26 pct, Nasdaq 0.29 pct (Adds volume data, Microsoft earnings)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.03 pct, S&P 500 up 0.26 pct, Nasdaq up 0.29 pct (Updates to close)
* Indexes: Dow flat, S&P 500 up 0.1 pct, Nasdaq up 0.2 pct (Updates to early afternoon trading)
* Dow down 0.1 pct, S&P 500 and Nasdaq flat (Updates to midday trading)
|Lennar Corporation (LEN.N)||$46.23||-0.59|
|Lennar Corporation (LENb.N)||$37.00||-0.29|
|PulteGroup, Inc. (PHM.N)||$19.44||-0.18|
|NVR, Inc. (NVR.N)||$1,328.17||-17.52|
|Centex LLC (CTX.N)||$25.90||+0.11|
|Toll Brothers Inc (TOL.N)||$35.72||-0.09|
|Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. (HOV.N)||$3.11||-0.04|
|Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. (HOVVB.PK)||$3.40||--|
|M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (MDC.N)||$26.95||-0.09|
|Beazer Homes USA, Inc. (BZH.N)||$17.92||-0.13|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
"The Economy Matters" Report for DHI: the economy's impact on DHI's price and risk, featuring the powerful Economic Climate Rating and the new MacroRisk "Stoplight" and Risk Correspondence Score
Provider: MacroRisk Analytics/EconomicInvestor
Provider: ValuEngine, Inc.
Trading Report for (DHI). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
Provider: ValuEngine, Inc.
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.