Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc (DO.N)
24 Mar 2017
LONDON Former Barclays chief executive Bob Diamond marked a return to investment banking in Britain on Friday with a Qatari-backed takeover of stockbroker Panmure Gordon , one of the oldest names in the City of London.
* Panmure shares fell 93 pct in last 10 years (Releads, adds background, detail on Diamond involvement)
* Diamond Offshore announces tax expense adjustment to fourth quarter and full year 2016 earnings
Rig contractor Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc's chief executive officer, Marc Edwards, said on Monday oil prices needed to be "well over $60" to spur a recovery in offshore drilling.
* Revenue of $391.9 mln vs est $358.3 mln (Updates shares; adds outlook)
* Sees q1 revenue to be flat from q4 revenue of 2016 - conf call
* Diamond Offshore Drilling - not anticipating material changes to base cost trend in the coming quarters - conf call
* Q4 earnings per share view $0.13 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
Feb 6 Rig contractor Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc reported a profit, compared with a year-ago loss, when it recorded a charge of $499 million.
* Diamond Offshore Drilling - during quarter, company announced new contracts for ocean valiant and ocean scepter with Maersk in UK and Fieldwood in Mexico