Encana Corp (ECA.TO)
21 Oct 2016
TORONTO, Oct 6 The value of Canadian equity issues reached its strongest-ever level in the first nine months of 2016, driven by large transactions in the energy sector, according to Thomson Reuters data released on Thursday.
CALGARY, Alberta, Oct 5 Encana Corp said on Wednesday it has made $50 million in cost savings in 2016, continuing a trend of Canadian oil and gas producers squeezing spending in response to the prolonged downturn in global crude prices.
* To outline five-year growth potential during investor day, company updates 2016 guidance to reflect lower costs
* Purchased 49% of Encana's leasehold interest covering approximately 54,000 acres in south Piceance basin
Sept 30 Futures on Canada's main stock index pointed to a higher opening after data showed that the country's economy got off to a stronger-than-expected start in the third quarter.
Sept 30 Futures on Canada's main stock index were little changed on Friday as investors awaited GDP data for July.
* Intends to use approximately half of net proceeds received from sale of shares to fund a portion of its 2017 capital program
* CPPIB, Broe Group complete acquisition of DJ Basin oil & gas assets from Encana Further company coverage: (Reporting by Matt Scuffham)
* Intends use net proceeds from sale of securities to finance capital expenditures, to reduce outstanding indebtedness Source text : http://bit.ly/29ZYyqD] Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom; +1 646 223 8780)
CALGARY, Alberta, July 21 The Canadian oil and gas earnings season kicked off on Thursday with signs of an industry recovery as Encana Corp and Precision Drilling Corp outlined plans to boost activity.