Emera Inc (EMA.TO)
30 Sep 2016
* Q2 earnings per share view c$0.33 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Effective August 1, Karen Hutt, currently Emera's Vice president, mergers and acquisitions, will become President and CEO of NSP
TORONTO Canadian mergers and acquisitions slipped in the first half of 2016, with sluggish activity in natural resource sectors offsetting some large infrastructure deals, according to Thomson Reuters data released on Thursday.
* Emera approves a 10% increase in common dividend and extends dividend growth target
* Emera closes acquisition of Teco Energy Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1 646 223 8780)
* Emera acquisition of Teco Energy approved by New Mexico Public Regulation Commission
* Emera announces offering of US$1.2 billion 6.75% fixed-to-floating subordinated notes, CDN$500 million 2.90% senior notes and US$3.25 billion aggregate principal amount of multiple series of senior notes
* May offer from time to time up to $800 million of unsecured, subordinated notes, in one or more transactions during 25 month period ending July 2018 Source text (http://1.usa.gov/1Y2NTRr) Further company coverage:
* Emera inc. Sells 50.1 million common shares of algonquin power & utilities corp.
* Q1 2016 earnings were lower than last year due to teco energy acquisition costs, expected lower margins at new england gas plants