EMC Corp (EMC.N)
17 Apr 2015
NEW YORK/BOSTON - Some top shareholders of IBM, disappointed by 11 straight quarters of falling revenues, are seeking help from activist investors to shake up the company, but have been turned down by both Bill Ackman's Pershing Square and Jeffrey Ubben's ValueAct, according to people with knowledge of the matter.
NEW YORK - EMC Corp has decided against spinning off its majority stake in VMware Inc after reviewing the idea over the last several months following pressure from activist investor Elliott Management Corp, three sources close to the matter said.
* Has decided to re-integrate Canopy subsidiary and make it part of Atos corporate structure
- Juniper Networks Inc appointed two independent directors to its board and said activist investor Elliott Management Corp would support the network gear maker's nominations.
Feb 24 - Juniper Networks Inc appointed two independent directors to its board and said activist investor Elliott Management Corp would support the network gear maker's nominations.
- Data storage equipment maker EMC Corp, which has been under pressure from activist investor Elliott Management Corp, forecast a lower-than-expected profit for the year and said it would cut jobs.
Jan 29 - Data storage equipment maker EMC Corp , which has been under pressure from activist investor Elliott Management Corp, forecast a lower-than-expected profit for the year and said it would cut jobs.
Jan 29 - Data storage equipment maker EMC Corp reported a 12 percent rise in quarterly profit as customers spent more on software-defined data centers.
- Activist investor Elliott Management disclosed an 8 percent stake in enterprise software maker Informatica Corp in a filing on Monday, and may push for the company to be sold, according to a person familiar with the matter.
- EMC said on Monday that activist investor Elliott Management Corp will vote for EMC's proposed directors as part of a standstill agreement with the data storage company prohibiting the hedge fund from agitating the company until September.
|Hitachi, Ltd. (6501.T)||¥794||-14.70|
|Apple Inc. (AAPL.OQ)||$124.75||-1.42|
|Hewlett-Packard Company (HPQ.N)||$32.53||-0.28|
|International Business Machines Corp. (IBM.N)||$160.67||-2.46|
|Seagate Technology PLC (STX.OQ)||$57.43||+1.47|
|Unisys Corporation (UIS.N)||$22.49||-0.38|
|Unisys Corporation (UIS_pa)||--||--|
|Quantum Corp (QTM.N)||$1.97||+0.02|
|Storage Computer Corporation (SOSO.PK)||--||--|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Trading Report for (EMC). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
Provider: Pechala's Reports
EMC Corp: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.