Famous Brands Ltd (FBRJ.J)
6 Dec 2016
* Six-Month revenue up 23 pct to r2.45 billion 2015: r1.9 billion
* Has received approval from financial surveillance department of south african reserve bank for acquisition
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 1 South African fast food group Famous Brands bought Britain's Gourmet Burger Kitchen (GBK) for 2.1 billion rand ($143.3 million), saving nearly a fifth on the price due to the weaker pound in the wake of Brexit, the firm said on Thursday.
* Announcement regarding the acquisition by Famous Brands Limited of GBK Restaurants Limited
* Has entered into discussions regarding a potential corporate action, which, if successful, may have a material effect on price of group's securities Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Has acquired a state-of--art tomato paste manufacturing plant, Cape Concentrate, situated in Coega precinct in Eastern Cape