Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd (FLT.AX)
28 Apr 2017
* Today announced that it had acquired a 24.1% interest in Bibam, an Argentina- based travel and technology group
* outlined plans to create a new global business that will provide in-destination services to travellers.
SYDNEY, Feb 23 Australia's biggest listed travel agent, Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd, cut guidance and reduced its dividend after unprecedented airfare discounting pushed it to a 36 percent half-year profit drop.
* Believe that underlying FY17 PBT is likely to be at lower-end or below initial guidance, result between $300 million and $330 million is more likely
* Half-year net profit after tax $74.447 million versus $116.7 million last year
* Announced a $75 million five-year agreement with Flight Centre Travel Group Limited (Flight Centre)
SYDNEY, Nov 4 Australia's biggest listed travel agent Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd warned first-half underlying profit could fall nearly a third, sending its shares lower and underscoring the effects of a host of geopolitical events on tourism.