Fred's Inc (FRED.O)
27 Feb 2017
* Adage Capital Partners L.P. reports 5.56 percent passive stake in Fred's Inc as on February 21, 2017 Source text:(http://bit.ly/2lSOCcj) Further company coverage:
* Fred's Pharmacy declares quarterly cash dividend of $0.06 per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Fred's-Names Gregory Froton Senior VP, merchandising, general merchandise; names Kimberley Felice-Dooley as Senior VP, merchandising - consumables Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Fred's units entered into third amendment to credit agreement, dated as of April 19, 2015 - SEC Filing
* Fred's Inc- On Jan 27, co, units entered into third amendment to credit agreement, dated as of April 19, 2015 - SEC Filing
* Fred's Inc - Fred's Pharmacy affirms that asset purchase agreement it entered into on December 19, 2016 with Walgreens and Rite Aid remains in effect
BRIEF-Fred's inc - on jan 18, co entered into an amended and restated commitment letter, which replaced and superseded abl commitment letter - sec filing
* Fred's Inc - on Jan 18, co entered into an amended and restated commitment letter, which replaced and superseded ABL commitment letter - sec filing
Discount store operator Fred's Inc adopted a poison pill, less than a week after hedge fund Alden Global Capital LLC reported a 24.8 percent stake in the company.
Alden Global Capital reported on Thursday a stake of 24.8 percent in Fred's Inc , and said it would engage in discussions with the discount store operator over its $950 million acquisition of 865 stores from Rite Aid Corp .
Rite Aid Corp said it would sell 865 stores to Fred's Inc for $950 million to satisfy antitrust concerns over its proposed takeover by Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc.
* Significant reductions in snap payments and warmer-than-expected weather during month contributed to october's sales decline