First Solar Inc (FSLR.O)
5 Dec 2016
First Solar Inc forecast 2017 sales well below analysts' estimate, and the company said it would slash about 1,600 jobs, or 27 percent of its global workforce, as it transitions to a new product ahead of schedule.
* To advance production of Series 6 modules by a year to 2018
* Says one impact of Series 6 pull forward is that 2017 production will be lower than previously communicated
* To reduce First Solar's workforce by approximately 1,600 associates, or 27% of its approximately 6,000 global total
* First Solar, Inc. announces acceleration of Series 6 Solar Module Production to 2018; Restructures operations; Updates 2016 guidance & provides 2017 guidance
Nov 16 First Solar Inc, the largest U.S. solar equipment maker, said it would slash about 1,600 jobs, or 27 percent of its global workforce, to cut costs as it transitions to production of Series 6 modules.
The S&P 500 fell for an eighth straight session on Thursday, its longest losing streak since the 2008 financial crisis, as Facebook shares weighed and investors grappled with uncertainty over next week's U.S. presidential election. | Video
First Solar Inc on Wednesday said a 30 percent slide in panel prices has forced it to walk away from some money-losing supply contracts and it is working to accelerate the introduction of a cheaper, more competitive module.
Nov 2 First Solar Inc on Wednesday said a 30 percent slide in panel prices has forced it to walk away from some money-losing supply contracts and it is working to accelerate the introduction of a cheaper, more competitive module.
* First Solar Inc announces third quarter 2016 financial results
|Yingli Green Energy Holding Co Ltd (ADR) (YGE.N)||$3.15||+0.10|
|Hanwha Q Cells Co Ltd -ADR (HQCL.OQ)||$8.25||+0.35|
|Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd. (ADR) (STPFQ.PK)||--||--|
|SunPower Corporation (SPWR.OQ)||$7.22||+0.58|
|SunPower Corporation (SPWRB.OQ)||--||--|
|Trina Solar Limited (ADR) (TSL.N)||$9.45||+0.04|
|Canadian Solar Inc. (CSIQ.OQ)||$11.79||+0.72|