Orange SA (FTE.DE)
21 Apr 2017
PARIS, April 20 French telecoms company Orange plans to launch its online banking service nationwide on July 6, aiming to take on traditional banks with a low-cost offering that will eventually expand into loans and insurance.
* Orange's new banking service, dubbed Orange Bank, will first be offered to group employees from mid-May and then fully launched for customers on July 6, chief executive Stephane Richard said in a conference on Thursday.
* Orange to create new entity dedicated to "orange content", reporting directly to ceo - richard
PARIS French music and books retailer Fnac-Darty and music streaming site Deezer on Tuesday unveiled a strategic alliance, which could see Fnac becoming a Deezer shareholder within three years.
* FY 2016 revenue at 4.1 million euros ($4.34 million) versus 3.2 million euros a year ago
PARIS Leading French telecoms company Orange said it was interested in working with Canal Plus on acquiring sports rights rather than trying to buy a stake in the pay TV business.
* Orange wants to partner with Canal Plus rather than buy stake
PARIS, Feb 23 French telecoms group Orange reported a 1.3 percent increase of its yearly core operating profit on Thursday, helped by a strong sales momentum in Spain and a reduction in labour expenses.
* says appoints head of France's Banque Publique d'Investissement Nicolas Dufourcq to its board of directors Further company coverage: (Paris Newsroom)
* Wins tender to provide mobile services to public institutions.