Orange SA (FTE.DE)
PARIS Leading French telecoms company Orange said it was interested in working with Canal Plus on acquiring sports rights rather than trying to buy a stake in the pay TV business.
* Orange wants to partner with Canal Plus rather than buy stake
PARIS, Feb 23 French telecoms group Orange reported a 1.3 percent increase of its yearly core operating profit on Thursday, helped by a strong sales momentum in Spain and a reduction in labour expenses.
* says appoints head of France's Banque Publique d'Investissement Nicolas Dufourcq to its board of directors Further company coverage: (Paris Newsroom)
* Wins tender to provide mobile services to public institutions.
* Wins tender to provide mobile services to public institutions
* Chairman and CEO says Orange will launch French mobile banking arm in few weeks time
* Considers its 4G high-speed mobile internet network advertisements objective, will appeal competition watchdog fine -statement
PARIS French telecoms boss Stephane Richard was sharply criticized by one of the judges and by a witness during the negligence trial of IMF chief Christine Lagarde in Paris this week.
PARIS A French ex-treasury official told a court trying IMF chief Christine Lagarde for negligence on Wednesday that he had been shocked at how quickly the government had given up on contesting a huge state payout to business tycoon Bernard Tapie in 2008.