Fairfax Media Ltd (FXJ.AX)
22 Feb 2017
* Shares jump most in three years on demerger plans (Recasts, adds share price jump, CEO and broker comments)
Feb 22 The Australian stock market was steady on Wednesday, with gains dented by slips in Commonwealth Bank of Australia and BHP Billiton.
SYDNEY, Feb 22 Australian newspaper and radio group Fairfax Media Ltd on Wednesday posted a 6.1 percent rise in first half underlying net profit and confirmed it was preparing for a demerger of real estate classifieds arm Domain Group.
* No plans for capital raising alongside split - source (Recasts, adds details of demerger plan, shareholder comment)
* Will be placed in trading halt session state at request of company, pending release of an announcement in relation to the Domain Group Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
SYDNEY, Feb 21 Australia's Fairfax Media Ltd is considering a partial demerger of real estate classifieds arm Domain Group later this year, according to a source familiar with the situation.
SYDNEY, Feb 21 Australian newspaper and radio group Fairfax Media on Tuesday entered a trading halt pending an announcement related to its real estate advertising arm, Domain Group.
WELLINGTON, Nov 8 New Zealand's competition regulator on Tuesday said it was inclined to oppose APN News & Media's takeover of Fairfax New Zealand, saying it would concentrate 90 percent of the country's print media in one company.
* Fairfax media ltd - has sold its tenderlink business to Dun & Bradstreet Australia
* NZME Limited and Fairfax Media confirm that consent has been granted by overseas investment office ("OIO") to proposed merger of NZME and Fairfax NZ Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: