Galenica AG (GALN.S)
25 Oct 2016
* New management at Vifor Pharma and new Galenica Group CFO designated
* H1 net profit before deduction of minority interests rose by 23.3 pct to 194.6 million Swiss francs ($197.99 million) and net profit after deduction of minority interests rose by 21.5 pct to 158.9 million Swiss francs
* Galenica Group today announced that its indirect wholly owned subsidiary, Vifor Pharma USA Inc initiates tender offer for Relypsa Source text - http://bit.ly/2avY0sG Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
July 21 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Thursday:
* Co to pay Galenica AG termination fee of $49 million in cash if deal is terminated Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Galenica has agreed to buy Relypsa for $1.53 billion, paying a big premium for the Californian biotech company to strengthen its Vifor Pharma unit ahead of splitting up the Swiss healthcare group.
* Galenica shares down 7 percent (Adds analyst reaction, latest shares, advisers)
July 21 Galenica said it has agreed to buy U.S. biopharma company Relypsa for $1.53 billion in cash to strengthen its Vifor Pharma unit.
* Galenica will pay $32 per share in cash, or a total of approximately $1.53 billion
* Vifor Pharma to further strengthen company management to ensure continued strong growth