Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD.OQ)
20 Jan 2017
BRIEF-European Medicines Agency validates Gilead's marketing authorization application for investigational chronic hepatitis C therapy
* European Medicines Agency validates Gilead's marketing authorization application for investigational chronic hepatitis c therapy sofosbuvir/velpatasvir/voxilaprevir (sof/vel/vox)
NEW YORK, Jan 12 Investors in large U.S. pharmaceutical and biotech companies are counting on strong dividends, reasonable stock valuations and new products to help ride out a storm of political uncertainty as the incoming Trump administration dives into healthcare policy.
BRIEF-European Commission grants marketing authorization for Gilead's Vemlidy (Tenofovir Alafenamide, TAF) for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus infection
* European Commission grants marketing authorization for Gilead's Vemlidy (Tenofovir Alafenamide, TAF) for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus infection Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Gilead exec says slowdown in patients starting hepatitis c therapies to continue in 2017
* CEO says planning Phase III trials of NASH drug in patients with advanced fibrosis Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Bill Berkrot)
* Gilead pays $100M NASH related milestone to Phenex Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
ZURICH Gilead Sciences has hired a top cancer specialist from Swiss drugmaker Novartis as the U.S. healthcare group sharpens its focus on oncology.
Merck & Co on Thursday was awarded $2.54 billion in royalties by a federal jury in a patent lawsuit against Gilead Sciences Inc over Gilead's blockbuster hepatitis C drugs Sovaldi and Harvoni.
U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's plan to incentivize U.S. companies to repatriate their swelling overseas cash piles could spur a new wave of dealmaking in a pharmaceutical industry seeking to buy its way into growth.
NEW YORK Gilead Sciences Inc has begun marketing its HIV treatment Truvada in a way thousands of consumers already use it – to prevent infection with the virus that causes AIDS.
|Pfizer Inc. (PFE.N)||$31.77||+0.07|
|Novartis AG (NOVN.S)||CHF70.90||-0.20|
|Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK.N)||$62.53||+2.20|
|Roche Holding Ltd. (ROG.S)||CHF233.50||+0.50|
|Roche Holding Ltd. (RO.S)||CHF236.10||+0.10|
|GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK.L)||1,546.50||-6.50|
|Actelion Ltd (ATLN.S)||CHF223.10||-3.70|
|United Therapeutics Corporation (UTHR.OQ)||$152.60||-0.84|
|ViiV Healthcare Ltd (IPO-VIHL.L)||--||--|
|AbbVie Inc (ABBV.N)||$61.15||-0.23|