General Mills Inc (GIS.N)
Acquire, slash costs, repeat. Billionaire investor Warren Buffet and buyout firm 3G Capital's failed $143 billion bid to combine their food conglomerate Kraft Heinz Co with Unilever Plc shows their winning formula now needs a growth boost.
* General Mills updates key financial targets for fiscal 2017
By Karen Freifeld and David Morgan The lawyer U.S. President-elect Donald Trump called upon on Wednesday to explain how he would restructure his business empire to avoid conflicts has represented him for more than a decade and works for a law firm with a large Russia practice.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, January 10 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has assigned a 'BBB+' rating to General Mills' $750 million 3.2% senior unsecured notes due 2027. Proceeds from the notes along will commercial paper borrowings will be used to refinance the $1 billion 5.7% senior unsecured notes due February 2017. The Rating Outlook is Stable. A full list of ratings follows at the end of this release. KEY RATING DRIVERS Strong Brands, Modest Growth: Fitch
* Files for potential notes offering, size not disclosed - sec filing
General Mills Inc reported lower-than-expected quarterly profit and revenue as intense competition and lower spending on promotions hurt sales of its Yoplait yogurt and Progresso soups in the United States, its biggest market.
General Mills Inc , the maker of Cheerios cereal, said it would cut as many as 600 jobs globally as part of a new organizational structure and eliminate the position of international chief operating officer.
* New owners of plant intend to auction the remaining equipment in early 2017
* General Mills elects Alicia S. Boler Davis to board of directors Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: ;))
* General Mills Inc - announced anticipated departure of Christopher O'Leary, executive vice president and chief operating officer, international
|Mondelez International Inc (MDLZ.OQ)||$44.38||+1.88|
|Danone SA (DANO.PA)||€60.89||-0.06|
|Kellogg Company (K.N)||$73.91||+1.01|
|Campbell Soup Company (CPB.N)||$58.47||-0.01|
|RiceBran Technologies (RIBT.OQ)||$0.82||-0.08|
|Seneca Foods Corp (SENEA.OQ)||$37.90||+0.55|
|Seneca Foods Corp (SENEB.OQ)||$40.20||0.00|
|Seneca Foods Corp (SENEL.PK)||$27.50||--|
|Seneca Foods Corp (SENEM.PK)||$36.65||--|