Corning Inc (GLW.N)
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$25,726.69|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||1,281.85|
- Corning Inc, the supplier of Gorilla glass to Apple Inc and Samsung Electronics, reported higher-than-expected quarterly revenue and earnings, helped by launches of new smartphone models.
Oct 28 - Corning Inc, the supplier of Gorilla glass to Apple Inc and Samsung Electronics , reported higher-than-expected quarterly revenue and earnings, helped by launches of new smartphone models.
Oct 28 - Speciality glass maker Corning Inc reported a 23 percent rise in quarterly net sales, helped by higher demand for its glass used in TVs and smartphones.
(The Day Ahead is an email and PDF publication that includes the day's major stories and events, analyses and other features. To receive The Day Ahead, Eikon users can register at . Thomson One users can register at RT/DAY/US. All times in ET/GMT) A fretful global economy and suddenly volatile markets will form the backdrop for the U.S. Federal Reserve's two-day policy meeting. There is no press conference and no new individual economic forecasts due from policymakers. But the statement at 2 p
(The Day Ahead is an email and PDF publication that includes the day's major stories and events, analyses and other features. To receive The Day Ahead, Eikon users can register at . Thomson One users can register at RT/DAY/US. All times in ET/GMT) WEEK AHEAD The recent fear-based volatility in markets has diminished, though concerns about global demand remain high. That's helped the dollar reassert its recent strength after a few weeks of weakness, but much again will depend on just how dovish
- Apple Inc supplier GT Advanced Technologies Inc will hold its first Chapter 11 bankruptcy court hearing on Thursday at 10 a.m. ET, according to a clerk in the U.S. bankruptcy court in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- GT Advanced Technologies Inc, Apple Inc's partner in a sapphire glass plant in Arizona, filed for bankruptcy on Monday in a stunning turn of events for a company whose fortunes looked bright only a few months ago.
* Shares slump more than 90 percent to record low of $0.75
- Corning Inc reported second-quarter core earnings below analysts' average estimate, hurt by lower demand for its Gorilla Glass, which is used in iPhones and the Galaxy devices.
* Shares fall as much as 10 pct (Adds CFO comments; updates shares)
|Denso Corp (6902.T)||¥5,009||+23.50|
|Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. (5802.T)||¥1,480||+47.00|
|Asahi Glass Co Ltd (5201.T)||¥576||+19.50|
|Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd (4063.T)||¥7,044||+362.00|
|Nikon Corp (7731.T)||¥1,502||+74.50|
|FuFurukawa Electric Co Ltd (5801.T)||¥193||+8.00|
|Fujikura Ltd (5803.T)||¥459||+15.00|
|HOYA CORPORATION (7741.T)||¥3,908||+304.00|
|Nippon Electric Glass Co., Ltd. (5214.T)||¥512||+20.00|
|IBIDEN CO., LTD. (4062.T)||¥1,634||-98.00|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Trading Report for (GLW). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Provider: New Constructs, LLC
"The Economy Matters" Report for GLW: the economy's impact on GLW's price and risk, featuring the powerful Economic Climate Rating and the new MacroRisk "Stoplight" and Risk Correspondence Score
Provider: MacroRisk Analytics/EconomicInvestor
Provider: ValuEngine, Inc.
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.