General Motors Co (GM.N)
21 Nov 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$51,623.15|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||1,606.70|
- In the first lawsuit brought by a state against General Motors Co over recalls relating to a defective ignition switch, Arizona has accused the company of putting the public at risk by concealing safety issues and delaying the recalls.
* Penalties could cost GM billions of dollars (Adds company comments, background on state investigations, share price, details)
FRANKFURT - General Motors will build a sports utility vehicle (SUV) at the Opel factory in Ruesselsheim, Germany, and invest 500 million euros ($626 million) in engine production in Europe, Chief Executive Mary Barra said on Thursday.
* Two Senators raise possibility of 6th air bag-linked death
* Says not yet had a chance to read and assess the Arizona recall complaint Further company coverage:
- Arizona State filed a lawsuit against General Motors Co, claiming the carmaker put the public at risk by concealing safety defects to avoid the cost of recalls.
Nov 20 - Arizona State said it had filed a lawsuit against General Motors Co claiming the automaker deliberately put the public at risk by intentionally concealing safety defects to avoid the cost of recalls.
- The deadline to file claims under General Motors Co's faulty ignition-switch compensation program has been extended by one month to Jan. 31, said Kenneth Feinberg, the program's administrator.
Nov 17 - The deadline to file claims under General Motors Co's faulty ignition-switch compensation program has been extended by one month to Jan. 31, said Kenneth Feinberg, the program's administrator.
NEW YORK - The New York bankruptcy judge overseeing part of the fallout from General Motors Co's problems with faulty ignition switches will retire from the bench, but remain active in so-called recall status for at least a year, his court announced.
|Ford Motor Company (F.N)||$15.43||-0.03|
|Ford Motor Company (F_pa)||--||--|
|Daimler AG (DAIGn.DE)||€59.71||-1.36|
|Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T)||¥7,089||-9.00|
|Honda Motor Co Ltd (7267.T)||¥3,690||+13.50|
|Nissan Motor Co Ltd (7201.T)||¥1,076||-12.00|
|Hyundai Motor Co (005380.KS)||₩165,000.00||-2,000.00|
|Hyundai Motor Co (005385.KS)||₩123,000.00||-500.00|
|Hyundai Motor Co (005387.KS)||₩126,000.00||+500.00|
|Hyundai Motor Co (005389.KS)||₩110,500.00||-2,500.00|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
Validea Guru Analysis Report for GM. Analysis using Validea's interpretation of the published quantitative strategies of well-known Wall Street experts including Peter Lynch, Warren Buffett, Ben Graham and Ken Fisher, among others.
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Provider: New Constructs, LLC
Jefferson Research Financial Sonar Report. A detailed analysis of the current fundamental performance of GENERAL MOTORS CO including Earnings Quality, Cash Flow Quality, Operating Efficiency, Balance Sheet Quality and Valuation.
Provider: Jefferson Research
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.