Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP)
17 Aug 2017
* Q2 earnings per share view $0.47 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
Utilities Great Plains Energy Inc and Westar Energy Inc announced Monday new terms for their proposed $14 billion merger, hoping the revised structure would satisfy regulatory concerns which nixed the previous tie-up plan.
* Revised $14 bln merger after regulator blocked previous plan
* Great Plains Energy and Westar Energy announce amended agreement, agree to a no-premium merger of equals to form leading electric utility
July 10 Utility companies Westar Energy Inc and Great Plains Energy Inc said they amended terms of their previous merger agreement to form a company with a combined equity value of about $14 billion.
BRIEF-Westar Energy says Great Plains Energy elected to extend end date of plan of merger to Nov. 30
* Westar Energy Inc - received notice that Great Plains Energy elected to extend end date of plan of merger to November 30, 2017 - SEC filing Source text for Eikon: (http://bit.ly/2r97A09) Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Kansas Corp Commission denies Great Plains Energy and Westar Energy petition for reconsideration
* Kansas Corporation Commission denies Great Plains Energy and Westar Energy petition for reconsideration
NEW YORK, May 4 Great Plains Energy Inc, the owner of regulated power utility Kansas City Power & Light, and Westar Energy Inc said on Thursday they will hold talks aimed at revising their planned $12.2 billion tie-up to address regulatory concerns.
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.13 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Great Plains Energy and Westar Energy file petition for reconsideration with kansas corporation commission