Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP_pd.N)
27 Jun 2016
* On June 13, Great Plains Energy entered into third amendment, dated as of June 13, 2016 to its credit agreement, dated as of August 9, 2010
Great Plains Energy Inc , the owner of regulated power utility Kansas City Power & Light, will buy bigger rival Westar Energy Inc for $8.6 billion, the largest deal in the U.S. electricity distribution market so far this year.
* Deal includes $3.6 bln of Westar debt (Adds details from conference call)
* Great Plains Energy To Acquire Westar Energy, Creating Long-Term value for shareholders and cost savings for customers
* $80 million break up fee in favor of Westar, if Great Plains shareholders don't approve deal
May 31 Great Plains Energy Inc, the parent of regulated utility Kansas City Power & Light, said it would buy rival Westar Energy Inc for $8.6 billion in cash and stock.
* Sandra J. Price named to Great Plains Energy board of directors
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.14 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S