Home Depot Inc (HD)
1 Sep 2015
- Lowe's Cos Inc , the No.2 U.S. home improvement chain, reported stronger-than-expected growth in quarterly same-store sales as customers bought more expensive items in categories such as appliances and outdoor power equipment.
* Profit $1.20/share vs est. $1.24 (Adds CEO comment, details; updates shares)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.23 pct, S&P 0.29 pct, Nasdaq 0.50 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
- An improving U.S. housing market helped Home Depot Inc beat quarterly sales forecasts on Tuesday, and the world's No. 1 home-improvement retailer lifted its full-year earnings and revenue forecasts.
* Stock at all-time high, up nearly 14 pct this year (Adds company comments, details on buyback and breach-related expenses)
* Indexes: Dow down 0.06 pct, S&P up 0.02 pct, Nasdaq off 0.16 pct (Adds details, adds quote, updates prices)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.3 pct, S&P 0.3 pct, Nasdaq 0.4 pct (Updates to open)
Aug 18 - Home Depot Inc, the world's No.1 home improvement chain by revenue, reported a 4.3 percent rise in quarterly net sales, helped by a recovery in the U.S. housing market.
(Removes entry on economist Bill Witherell's LIVECHAT as the event got cancelled.) WEEK AHEAD The stragglers for the earnings season - Home Depot, Wal-Mart and a few others - will report results to close out the quarter next week, with expectations that retailers would see decent sales after recent revisions show better-than-expected activity in the second quarter. The markets will also continue to watch the Chinese yuan after its unexpected devaluation this week, with anticipation
- Home Depot Inc said it agreed to buy home repair and maintenance products seller Interline Brands Inc [ISHLDI.UL] for about $1.63 billion in cash to expand its Pro division, which caters to professional contractors and builders.
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider : Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Provider : Stock Traders Daily
Provider : New Constructs, LLC
Provider : Wright Reports
Provider : ValuEngine, Inc.
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.