Home Depot Inc (HD)
22 May 2017
U.S. home improvement retailer Lowe's Cos Inc said it would buy Maintenance Supply Headquarters, a wholesale retailer of maintenance supplies, for $512 million, as it seeks to sell more to construction contractors.
Home Depot Inc's first-quarter profit and same-store sales topped estimates as customers spent more on expensive items such as appliances and flooring and roofing materials. | Video
* Shares hit record high at $160.83 (Adds details from conference call, updates shares)
BRIEF-Home Depot on conf call- Q1 drivers behind increase in big-ticket purchases were appliances, flooring and roofing
* On conf call- Q1 Interline sales growth outpaced the company average
* Futures up: Dow 33 pts, S&P 1.75 pt, Nasdaq 6.5 pts (Adds details, comments, updates prices)
* The Home Depot announces first quarter results; updates fiscal year 2017 guidance
May 16 Home Depot Inc, the No. 1 U.S. home improvement chain, reported a 12 percent rise in quarterly profit on Tuesday, helped by higher customer traffic and more average spending at its stores amid a strong housing market.
Tesla Inc on Friday said that its subsidiary SolarCity will curtail door-to-door sales of rooftop solar installations over the next month as Tesla seeks to absorb the company into its high-end brand.
April 28 Tesla Inc on Friday said that its subsidiary SolarCity will curtail door-to-door sales of rooftop solar installations over the next month as Tesla seeks to absorb the company into its high-end brand.
BRIEF-Home Depot says CEO Craig Menear's total compensation for 2016 was $11.5 mln vs $11.6 mln in 2015 - SEC filing
* Home Depot Inc - CEO Craig Menear's total compensation for 2016 was $11.5 million versus $11.6 million in 2015 - SEC filing