Home Depot Inc (HD)
21 Feb 2017
Home Depot Inc reported higher-than-expected quarterly profit and sales, boosted by a strong housing market in the United States, and set a $15 billion share repurchase program.
* Shares rise as much as 2 pct to record high (Adds details, background, CEO and analyst comment; updates shares)
* Futures up: Dow 61 pts, S&P 4.5 pts, Nasdaq 9 pts (Adds details, comment, updates prices)
* The Home Depot announces fourth quarter and fiscal 2016 results;
Feb 21 Home Depot Inc, the world's largest home improvement chain, reported a 5.8 percent rise in quarterly sales on Tuesday as more customers visited its stores in the United States, and said it would repurchase shares worth $15 billion.
* Home depot - energy purchased from wind farm is enough to power 100 home depot stores for year while also providing $150,000 in local community benefits
Derivative suits against the board members of companies that suffered data breaches appears to be a losing proposition for shareholders. On Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Thomas Thrash of Atlanta tossed a shareholder derivative suit against board members of Home Depot, which was hacked over the course of several months in 2014. Judge Thrash agreed with Home Depot’s lawyers at Alston & Bird that plaintiffs in the consolidated case failed to prove that it would have been futile for sha
* Sets quarterly dividend of $0.69per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Lowe's Cos Inc , the No. 2 U.S. home improvement chain, reported disappointing quarterly results and tempered its full-year forecast as fewer of its do-it-yourself customers remodeled homes due to an unseasonably hot fall season.
* Lowe's shares drop 5.6 pct, Home Depot up 0.5 pct (Adds CEO and analyst comments; updates shares)