Henkel & Co KGaA AG (HNKG.DE)
FRANKFURT German consumer products group Henkel has made a binding offer to buy Darex Packaging Technologies from GCP Applied Technologies for $1.05 billion.
* Analysts say offer looks expensive at first glance (Adds analyst comments on valuation)
* Gcp applied technologies receives binding offer from henkel to acquire darex packaging technologies
FRANKFURT, March 2 German consumer products group Henkel said it had submitted a binding offer to buy the global Darex Packaging Technologies business from GCP Applied Technologies for $1.05 billion on a cash and debt free basis.
* Acquisitions a key part of strategy (Adds background, details)
BRIEF-Jyothy Labs says news title "Henkel begins due diligence for a stake in Jyothy Labs" is incorrect
* Jyothy Laboratories clarifies on news item " Henkel begins due diligence for a stake in Jyothy Labs"
DUESSELDORF, Germany German consumer goods group Henkel wants to step up digital sales of its core brands, focusing on emerging markets and a younger generation which is increasingly shopping online, its chief executive said on Thursday.
* Top 10 brands to contribute 75 pct of sales by 2020 (Recasts throughout, adds detail on digital strategy, quotes, analyst comment)
FRANKFURT, Nov 17 German consumer goods group Henkel wants to focus on its top 10 brands and expand ecommerce sales in a move to respond to volatile markets and declining demand in Western Europe, the group said in a 2020 strategy update.
* Shares indicated 1.6 percent higher (Adds share price indication, details)