Hitachi Ltd (HTHIY.PK)
23 Jun 2017
TOKYO, June 7 Japan Display Inc is considering deeper restructuring than first planned and has asked a state-backed fund for help after losing business with Apple Inc due to its late entry into OLED technology, the Nikkei business daily reported.
HONG KONG Private equity firm KKR & Co said on Friday it raised $9.3 billion for its most recent Asia-focused buyout fund, more than expected and setting a record for the region as it looks for larger deals.
* KKR's Asian Fund II has posted 29.1 pct return through March
* Hitachi to supply IBM-made mainframe computers with Hitachi's operating systems starting fiscal 2018 - Nikkei Source :(http://s.nikkei.com/2qTQOjC) Further company coverage:
TOKYO A Japanese state-backed fund plans to sell nearly a fifth of shares in chip maker Renesas Electronics Corp - worth $2.7 billion at current prices - bolstering its coffers amid expectations it is planning to invest in Toshiba's chip unit.
* INCJ seen teaming up with another suitor for Toshiba chip unit (Recasts and adds details of the stock sale)
LONDON Japan's Shinzo Abe called on Prime Minister Theresa May to ensure a smooth transition for business as the United Kingdom leaves the European Union, to avoid a cliff edge where rules and regulations for firms change overnight.
* Japanese companies are major investors in the UK (Adds quotes and detail)
* GE Hitachi awarded outage services contract by Exelon generation
TOKYO U.S. buyout firm KKR said on Wednesday it has agreed to buy Hitachi Ltd's chip-making equipment and video solution unit in a deal valuing the company at 257 billion yen ($2.3 billion), its second purchase of a Hitachi unit.
|International Business Machines Corp. (IBM.N)||$154.11||-0.29|
|Intel Corporation (INTC.OQ)||$34.19||-0.17|
|HP Inc (HPQ.N)||$17.80||+0.09|
|Siemens AG (SIEGn.DE)||€124.75||-0.45|
|United Technologies Corporation (UTX.N)||$122.22||+0.05|
|Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (ERICb.ST)||63.85kr||+1.05|
|Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (ERICa.ST)||63.05kr||+0.80|
|Dell Inc. (4331.HK)||--||--|
|Koninklijke Philips NV (PHG.AS)||€32.83||+0.08|
|Sony Corp (6758.T)||¥4,275||-1.00|