Humana Inc (HUM.N)
2 Dec 2016
NEW YORK (Reuters Breakingviews) - Donald Trump's election as the next American president risks morphing the era of mega-M&A into bumper breakups by command. The self-described dealmaker has already railed against AT&T's planned $85 bln tie-up with Time Warner, wants to rip apart Comcast-NBC Universal and may have a beef with large banks. Corporate chieftains' imperial ambitions may have to be put on hold.
* Third Point LLC takes share stake of 2.1 million Class A shares in Visa Inc - SEC filing
* Extendicare Inc - qtrly AFFO earnings per share $0.223 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Quarterly AFFO earnings per share from continuing operations $0.223
Health insurer Humana Inc reported a higher-than-expected quarterly profit on Friday due to strength in its Medicare Advantage business, which sells plans to the elderly and people with disabilities.
* Individual commercial unit performance in line with expectations
* Consolidated revenues (including investment income) for 3q 2016 were $13.69 billion, an increase of $331 million, or 2 percent
Nov 4 Health insurer Humana Inc's quarterly pretax profit jumped 39 percent as it added more members to its Medicare Advantage business, which sells plans to the elderly and people with disabilities.
BRIEF-Humana to add EliteHealth's primary care practices to its medicare advantage plan networks in South Florida
* Humana Inc - EliteHealth, co to add two primary care practices to Humana's medicare advantage plan networks in South Florida Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
NEW YORK Aetna Inc. is committed to defending its proposed acquisition of Humana Inc. in court, where the U.S. Department of Justice is seeking to block the acquisition, Chief Executive Officer Mark Bertolini said on a conference call on Thursday.
|UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH.N)||$160.73||-0.21|
|Anthem Inc (ANTM.N)||$145.10||-0.07|
|Metlife Inc (MET.N)||$55.66||-0.61|
|Metlife Inc (MET_pa.N)||$23.60||-0.16|
|Metlife Inc (MLG)||$0.16||+0.01|
|Aetna Inc (AET.N)||$133.49||-1.41|
|Manulife Financial Corp. (MFC.TO)||$23.24||-0.20|
|Manulife Financial Corp. (MFC_pd.TO)||--||--|
|Manulife Financial Corp. (MFC_pe.TO)||--||--|
|AEGON N.V. (AEGN.AS)||€4.76||-0.03|