Iconix Brand Group Inc (ICON.OQ)
21 Jul 2017
* Iconix Brand Group acquires 100% ownership of Iconix Canada
* Iconix reduces debt by $362 million and completes the sale of the entertainment segment
TORONTO, May 10 Canada's main stock index rose on Wednesday as higher oil prices supported energy shares, while insurer Sun Life Financial Inc and exchange operator TMX Group Ltd fell after reporting earnings that failed to impress investors.
TORONTO, May 10 Canada's main stock index inched higher on Wednesday morning as heavyweight energy stocks rose with higher oil prices, while insurer Sun Life Financial Inc and exchange operator TMX Group Ltd fell after reporting earnings that failed to impress investors.
DHX Media Ltd is buying the entertainment unit of Iconix Brand Group Inc for $345 million, adding the Peanuts comic strip and cartoon character Strawberry Shortcake to its roster of brands that includes "Bob the Builder" and "Teletubbies".
* Deal to be financed through cash, debt facility, pvt placement
* Iconix brand group reports first quarter 2017 financial results
May 10 DHX Media Ltd said it would buy the entertainment division of Iconix Brand Group Inc, including the Strawberry Shortcake brand and an 80 pct stake in the Peanuts brand, for $345 million.
* Iconix brand group announces sale of peanuts and strawberry shortcake brands
* Signed a definitive agreement to acquire the entertainment division of Iconix Brand Group Inc