J C Penney Company Inc (JCP)
23 Mar 2017
* says about 5,000 positions nationwide will be impacted by store closures, most of which will occur in June.
* CEO Marvin Ellison's 2016 total compensation was $9.4 million versus $12.1 million in 2015 - sec filing Source text (http://bit.ly/2n8Es8h) Further company coverage:
* Says Colleen Barrett, president emeritus of Southwest Airlines Co., will retire from board at end of her term Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Department store operator J.C. Penney Co Inc reported a bigger-than-expected drop in same-store sales for the holiday quarter citing weak demand and competition from online retailers, sending shares down to more than a year low. | Video
* Stores being closed account for less than 5 pct of annual sales
* J C Penney announces plan to optimize retail operations, advance growth and drive profitability
* J C Penney reports positive net income for fiscal 2016; a $514 million increase compared to the prior year
Feb 24 Department store operator J.C. Penney Co Inc said on Friday it would close about 130-140 stores over the next few months, and reported a 0.7 percent drop in same-store sales for the holiday quarter.
* Soros Fund Management dissolves share stake in Nordstrom - SEC filing
* State Street Corp reports 7.1 percent passive stake in J C Penney Company Inc as of December 31 -sec filing Source text : http://bit.ly/2lM2Nwb Further company coverage: