J C Penney Company Inc (JCP.N)
9 Dec 2016
Nov 11 J.C. Penney Co Inc reported a surprise 0.8 percent fall in quarterly comparable-store sales on Friday, reflecting weak traffic, increasing competition from online and off-price retailers and a general shift away from spending on apparel.
* Says no intention of discontinuing relationship with welspun, offering refund on certain Royal Velvet items made by Welspun
* Beginning Oct. 5, will offer refund on Royal Velvet Egyptian Cotton Towels or Royal Velvet Egyptian Cotton Damask Stripe Comforter Set Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Sept 21 J C Penney Company Inc : Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Along with the perennial run on leggings, students returning to America's classrooms this year are making a beeline for retro sneakers, "cold-shoulder" tops, versatile laptops and USB drives.
* CEO Marvin Ellison reports open market purchase of 50,000 shares of co's common stock on August 25 - sec filing
* JCP leverages advantage of existing infrastructure for buy online, ship to store; 1/3 jcp.com orders picked up this way - analyst day
J.C. Penney Co Inc's quarterly loss more than halved as the company cut costs and benefited from higher sales of home goods and footwear as well as beauty products at Sephora outlets in its stores. | Video
* CEO on conf call - opened 27 new Sephora locations in Q2, plan to open 4 more later this fall
* Q2 earnings per share view $-0.15 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S