Kellogg Co (K.N)
* On conf call - already shipping through warehouse to all of our customers
Kellogg Co's quarterly profit topped estimates as the Corn Flakes maker's cost-cutting efforts paid off and the company said it had completed the overhaul of the distribution model for its U.S. snack business earlier than expected.
* Shares rise 4.8 pct in morning trade (Adds details from conf call, analyst comment, share move)
* Qtrly reported earnings per share $0.80; Qtrly comparable earnings per share $0.97
Aug 3 Cornflakes maker Kellogg Co reported a smaller-than-expected drop in quarterly sales, helped by higher sales in Latin America and Asia Pacific even as demand remained weak in the United States.
BRIEF-Kellogg says kellogg Funding entered into amendment to its previously disclosed receivables purchase agreement dated July 13, 2016
* Kellogg says on July 10 Kellogg Funding Co Llc entered into amendment to its previously disclosed receivables purchase agreement, dated July 13, 2016
* Bright Greens says has raised a $2 million seed round led by Eighteen94 Capital, venture capital fund of Kellogg Company Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Kellogg Company elects Carter Cast to board of directors Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
May 30 Jana Partners nominated former Kellogg Co executive, and health policy consultant Celeste Clark to Whole Foods Market Inc's board, as the activist shareholder pushes the company to boost profits and its sagging stock.
* Kellogg CEO - experienced reduction in trade inventory in Q1 due to early shipments in Q4 in categories in U.S. - conf call