KKR & Co LP (KKR.N)
5 Dec 2016
* Following transaction, KKR will become majority shareholder in hilding anders Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Calsonic relies on Nissan for 80 pct of sales (Adds KKR executive's comments, details of its previous deals in Japan)
* U.S. buyout firm KKR & Co is offering a takeover bid for 267,882,277 shares (or no less than 178,588,185 shares) of the company's stock via KKR's unit, at the price of 1,860 yen per share
TOKYO, Nov 22 U.S. buyout firm KKR & Co is buying Japanese auto parts maker Calsonic Kansei Corp from Nissan Motor and other shareholders for as much as 498.3 billion yen ($4.50 billion), the companies said on Tuesday.
Nov 21 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Monday:
Nov 22 Nissan Motor Co will sell 41 percent of its stake in auto parts supplier Calsonic Kansei Corp to U.S. buyout firm KKR & Co, the Nikkei reported.
* Mitsui & Co will acquire about 20 percent interest in medical equipment maker Panasonic Healthcare Holdings for 50 billion yen ($456 million) - Nikkei
PRAGUE/LONDON Japanese brewer Asahi and a consortium led by Swiss investment firm Jacobs Holding have made it onto the shortlist of bidders for SABMiller's eastern European beer brands, sources familiar with the matter said.
* Blackstone Group, Carlyle Group LP, KKR & Co among buyout firms in talks with banks for financing to back bids for Valeant's Australian drug unit - Bloomberg
Nov 2 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Wednesday: