Kohls Corp (KSS)
26 May 2017
J.C. Penney Co Inc on Friday rounded off another set of dismal earnings reports from department store chains, highlighting their struggle to adjust to the new normal for consumers: looking for better bargains and shopping online. | Video
* Penney shares hit record low, rival's shares fall (Adds Penney CEO and analyst comments, background; updates shares)
Nordstrom Inc on Thursday became the latest department store operator after Macy's and Kohl's to report weaker-than-expected quarterly same-store sales, underscoring the industry's struggle to attract customers amid a slump in demand for apparel and a shift to shopping online.
* Macy's shares hit 6-yr low in regular trade, weigh on rivals (Adds Nordstrom's earnings; updates shares)
* On conf call- Q1 average transaction value increased driven by a continued increase in average unit retail
Department store operator Kohl's Corp reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit, helped by lower costs and a leaner inventory amid a tough retail environment in the United States. | Video
May 11 Department store operator Kohl's Corp reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit, helped by lower costs and a leaner inventory amid a tough retail environment in the United States.
May 11 Department store operator Kohl's Corp reported a 14 percent jump in adjusted quarterly profit, helped by higher traffic in stores in March and April and as a leaner inventory helped it discount lesser.
* Kohls Corp - qtrly sales $ 3,843 million versus $3,972 million last year
* Kohls - on May 10, following previously announced retirement of Wesley Mcdonald as CFO, appointed Kevin Mansell as interim principal financial officer
|Target Corporation (TGT.N)||$54.40||+0.20|
|TJX Companies Inc (TJX.N)||$75.53||+0.16|
|Macy's Inc (M.N)||$23.44||+0.08|
|Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD.OQ)||$7.78||-0.70|
|Gap Inc (GPS.N)||$22.42||+0.40|
|Nordstrom, Inc. (JWN.N)||$42.47||+0.67|
|J C Penney Company Inc (JCP.N)||$4.71||+0.05|
|Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY.OQ)||$34.85||+0.08|
|Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST.OQ)||$63.52||+0.52|