Lowe's Companies Inc (LOW)
24 May 2017
* Indexes up: Dow 0.15 pct, S&P 0.08 pct, Nasdaq 0.16 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.05 pct, S&P 0.05 pct, Nasdaq 0.10 pct (Updates to open)
* Q1 earnings per share view $1.06 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Lowe's announces agreement to acquire maintenance supply headquarters
* Lowe's Companies Inc - CEO Robert A. Niblock's 2016 total compensation was $12.7 million versus $13.2 million in 2015 Source text for Eikon: (http://bit.ly/2plrYvl) Further company coverage:
* Notes that an award has now been made in confidential arbitration between woolworths and lowe's in relation to their home improvement joint venture.
NEW YORK Shares of home improvement retailer Lowe's Companies Inc could rise by 20 percent or more, helped by better projected earnings growth this year and greater room for margin improvement, Barron's said on Sunday.
NEW YORK (Reuters Breakingviews) - Little is more satisfying than cracking open a vintage Sears, Roebuck & Co catalog and marveling at the breadth of its offerings, dated illustrations and all. The one for the spring and summer of 1971, for instance, runs to 1,071 pages and offers everything from Dacron polyester nurse uniforms to colonial birch-veneer bedroom sets. Sadly, this once-great American retailer of everything may not make it to its 130th birthday in one piece.
* Sets quarterly cash dividend of $0.35per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Futures up: Dow 155 pts, S&P 16.75 pts, Nasdaq 34 pts (Adds details, comments, updates prices)